"Troy, can I ride my horses or ATV to hunt in an Access Yes area?"

This is an important question to consider before heading out. Hunters need to check the Access Yes page on the Wyoming Game and Fish Department website and look for the specific Access Yes property to find out this answer. Specific rules apply to each Access Yes area, and hunters will need to respect and follow these rules. For Hunter Management Areas (HMA), read the Ranch Rules. For Walk-In Hunting Areas (WIHA), open the specific WIHA page and look under the Details section to see if these activities are allowed. Remember-lands enrolled in the Access Yes program for hunting are only open for specific game animals during limited time periods; they are not open for other recreational and commercial activities. So, even if horses and ATVs are allowed for hunting, you cannot use Access Yes areas for recreational riding.  

It is critical that all hunters follow the rules set for each WIHA and HMA to ensure public access to these properties is not lost in the future. Be sure to report any violations observed to the Stop Poaching Hotline at 1-877-WGFD-TIP.

Access Yes is supported by donations that can only be used to purchase access for hunting and fishing, so remember to donate each time you purchase a license.


Troy Tobiasson
Access Yes Coordinator, Sheridan Region

Have more questions? Check out our Ask Game and Fish Archives

*With any Ask Game and Fish question please consult the current hunting regulations for more specific information on these requirements.


Can't find your answer here? Search our archives of previous "Ask Game and Fish" questions.


Frequently asked questions about hunting, fishing, wildlife, application process and watercraft.

Email Newsletter

Email Newsletter Sign Up

Stay up to date on all Wyoming Game and Fish news either by email or text message. Click the link below to get started.

Sign Up Today


Conserving Wildlife - Serving People