Wyoming Statue 23-1-705 (k) authorizes the holder of any valid big game license to surrender said license to the department for reissuance to a veteran with disabilities, as established by commission rule and regulation, selected and sponsored by a nonprofit charitable organization providing hunting opportunities for disabled veterans.
As a condition to surrender the license for reissuance to a disabled veteran, the license holder agrees to the following:
• The unused, unaltered license with all coupons intact, shall be surrendered to the Department's License Section prior to the earliest opening date for said license. The license holder shall attest that they have not used the license during any special archery season.
• The unused license shall be submitted along with the Application to Donate Big Game License.
• Any person surrendering a valid big game license to be reissued to a disabled veteran, shall not be eligible to receive a duplicate license for the same species, hunt area and type as the surrendered license.
• A surrendered license shall count against the maximum number of licenses a person may otherwise apply for and receive as a condition of Commission regulation.
• Any person surrendering a valid big game license for reissuance to a disabled veteran, for which preference points have been accumulated, shall not have preference points restored for species of license surrendered.
• Any license donated and reissued shall not be sold, traded, auctioned or offered for any monetary value and shall not be issued to, or used by, any person other than a disabled veteran selected and sponsored by a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to providing hunting opportunities as defined in Commission regulation.
2015 Application to Donate Big Game License
Licensing for Veterans