Visit Our YouTube Page Follow Us on Facebook | Citizen | Business | Government | Visitor
Wyoming Game and Fish Header Image
February 28 is Deadline for Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat and Bison Applications


CHEYENNE - The nonresident elk deadline for this year has now passed and the next upcoming deadline for both resident and nonresident hunters is Feb. 28 when applications must be in for moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat and wild bison.

As with other hunting application deadlines, the application must be submitted by 5 p.m on the deadline date. After 5 p.m. on Feb. 28, the online application system will no longer accept moose, bighorn sheep, and mountain goat and wild bison applications. Bison hunters are reminded that starting this year, applicants are required to submit the full license fee at the time of application, as is required for all other species. The license fees for a Wyoming resident are $263 for a female/calf wild bison license and $413 for the any wild bison license. The nonresident license fees are $1,022 for a female/calf wild bison license and $2,522 for an any wild bison license.

Hunters can only apply online through the Game and Fish website The paper application process has been phased out as the online application process has proven to be much more efficient and accurate and is easier for hunters to ensure their applications are received in advance of the deadline date. It has contributed to a substantial cost savings over the old process.

Drawing odds vary depending on species and hunt area. Preference points have been available for both moose and bighorn sheep for 18 years and 75 percent of the quotas for each species are issued in the preference point drawing. The remaining 25 percent is issued in a random drawing without regard for preference point totals. Preference points are not available for mountain goat licenses, but goat licenses are limited to one in a lifetime. Hunters can research drawing odds from previous years for the various species and hunt areas on the Game and Fish website Hunters who choose not to apply this year can still purchase a preference point online from July 1 – September 30.

(Contact: Al Langston (307) 777-4540)



Wyoming Game & Fish Department Headquarters
5400 Bishop Blvd. Cheyenne, WY 82006
ph: (307) 777-4600
Email address for comments/questions regarding our website:

Copyright ©2013