With its rugged mountains, high plains, desert prairies, and canyon lands, Wyoming presents hikers with a spectacular array of backcountry opportunities. Many areas―from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks to the Wind River Range―are well known, but they represent only a fraction of Wyoming's hiking possibilities. The 108 hikes and two major options in Hiking Wyoming cover many of the well-known areas but also introduce hikers to some of the state's best-kept backcountry secrets. Completely updated and revised, this new edition of Hiking Wyoming features hikes throughout the state that are suited to day hikers and veteran backpackers alike―the perfect source book for exploring Wyoming's wild and beautiful backcountry.
Look inside to find:
• Hikes suited to every ability
• Accurate directions to the trailhead
• Detailed trail descriptions and easy-to-follow trail maps
• Difficulty ratings and elevation gains/losses, for every featured hike
• Valuable information on backcountry safety and ethics