- SERVING PEOPLE -
Beginning July 1, 2012 the Game and Fish Department offers a new program to showcase some of the state's most important streams and the work we've done to protect the water flowing in those streams for the public. The X-Stream Angler program was created to encourage anglers and anyone else who values flowing waters to seek out the many popular, and not so popular, streams where instream flow water rights have been obtained over the past quarter century to protect fisheries.
At present, the list of streams with instream flow water rights includes 130 stream segments and it's growing every year. Regardless of whether you've never fished a stream or are a die-hard angler, there's now more incentive than ever to start fishing or keep fishing in some of the state's more X-Stream places.
Follow the steps below to become an X-Stream Angler.
• Find streams to fish and get driving directions on the Interactive Instream Flow Segment Map
• Fish in at least three instream flow segments after July 1, 2012
• Download and fill out the application form
• Attach a photo of you standing next to or in each stream fished
• Submit the application to be officially recognized as an X-Stream Angler
All X-Stream Angler's receive a high quality twill cap with the X-Stream Angler logo. If you fish in 7 or more instream flow segments you will receive a premium oil cloth cap with the X-Stream Angler logo.