In addition to to the traditional Hunter Education. An Online, Internet-based Hunter Education course is also available. The online hunter education course was developed for the more mature student who may have scheduling problems that make getting into a traditional class difficult or impossible. Due to the fact that completion of the course is independent, without guidance from an experienced instructor, younger students may have difficulty in successfully completing the coursework and have difficulty achieving the90% required on the entrance exam. Students with little or no gun handling experience may struggle with the field test due to Internet field Days (IFDs) being a measuring or assessment session and not a training session.In such cases, registering for a traditional course is recommended. For information on registering for a traditional course, refer to our hunter education course schedule.
1. Read through the five Wyoming specific course lessons: Laws and Regulations; Bear information; Lion information; Section 23 Wildlife Classification; and Wyoming's wildlife management.At the end of the first four lessons, there will be a quiz. Complete all quizzes with a required score of 100%(take the quiz as many times as necessary to score 100%). Print all completed quizzes and bring them with you to a designated Internet Field Day.
2. Go to the International Hunter Education Association website, and then click on the "Hunter Education" menu, and then the "Online Courses" link to work through the course. Complete and print all quizzes,all showing a 100% score.
3. Bring the four Wyoming specific quizzes and the IHEA quizzes to a designated Internet Field Day - all completed and printed, and showing a 100% score. At the IFD, you will be given a 30 question entrance exam.The score on the entrance exam must be a minimum of 90% to be allowed to continue with the field day and testing.To register for an Internet Field Day, to view the Internet Field Day schedule, or for further information,click on the Internet Field Day Schedule link below. Call the location phone number or 307-777-4538 if there is a questions about how to register. The field day will consist of a review of Wyoming specific wildlife laws,ethics training, a final 50 question written exam, and a hands-on gun handling field test. A $10 fee will be charged at the day of the field course.
• Completed the Wyoming specific course work and printed the four quizzes showing scores of 100%.
• Completed all course work located on the IHEA website, all printed and showing scores of 100%.
• Registered for a designated Internet Field Day. To see available listings, click on the following link:Internet Field Day Schedule.
• Bring all exams (all showing a 100% score) and a $10 course fee to the Internet Field Day.