CHEYENNE - Wyoming’s Sage Grouse Implementation Team will meet in Casper at the Wyoming Game and Fish Department Regional Office, Oct. 11 from 8:30 a.m.to 4 p.m.
Agenda items include an update about range-wide protection, plus updates from the incentive committee, contributing agencies and the fencing and grazing working groups. Suitability language revisions and southwest Wyoming working groups coordinating with Utah will also be discussed. The complete agenda is available at wgfd.wyo.gov.
Public comments will be taken immediately before and after lunch and prior to adjournment.
The team was formed by Gov. Matt Mead to address issues concerning the implementation of the Sage Grouse Executive Order.
Agenda - Sage Grouse Implementation Team Meeting, Oct. 11, 2012
• Public comment will be provided before and after lunch and prior to adjournment.
• Range wide sage grouse protection update – Bob Budd, Wyoming Natural Resource Trust Board
• Suitability Language Revision – Tom Christiansen, WGFD – See Below
• Incentive Committee Update – Nancy Nuttbrock, DEQ/Lyndon Bucher, American Colloid – royalty reduction, severance tax reduction. Excise tax.
• Fencing Work Group Update– Tom Christiansen, WGFD
• Grazing Work Group Update – Doug Thompson, Fremont County/Buddy Green, BLM
• SW Wyoming Work Groups – Coordinating across UT, Tom Christiansen
• DEQ Potential Exemptions – Nancy Nuttbrock, DEQ Small Lease Acreages -- Douglas CoreArea Update on Planning, Unitization Update – Paul Ulrich, EnCana and Brian Rutledge, Audubon
• Core/connectivity DDCT process – Mary Flanderka, WGFD
• Agency Updates – RMP amendments, BLM, USFS
• Non-Core Discussions – Paul Ulrich, EnCana
• Other topics
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department supports the Americans with Disabilities Act. Every effort will be made for reasonable accommodations by contacting the Game and Fish at (307) 777-4506.
(Contact: Mary Flanderka (307) 777-4506)