CHEYENNE - Wyoming Waters now under the Special Winter Ice Fishing provision have increased from 23 to 26 from the previous 2012-13 fishing regulation period. The three new waters added under the provision are Boulder Lake in Sublette County and Lake Hattie and Wheatland Reservoir #3 in Albany County.
Ice fishing is becoming increasingly popular in Wyoming and while most waters in the state are open under generalregulations to ice anglers there are liberalized regulations on the waters covered under the Special Winter Ice Fishing Provision.
On these waters, anglers can use up to six lines when fishing through the ice. The regulation requires that when anglers use more than two lines on these waters, the angler’s name shall be attached to each pole, line, or tip-up. In addition, the angler must be no more than 300 yards from all lines.
On waters not covered under the provision, anglers can use up to two lines.
Waters covered under the Special Winter Ice Fishing Provision are as follows:
• Alcova Reservoir in Natrona County
• Big Horn Lake in Bighorn County
• Big Sandy Reservoir in Sweetwater County
• Boulder Lake in Sublette County
• Boysen Reservoir in Fremont County
• Deaver Reservoir in Park County
• Flaming Gorge Reservoir in Sweetwater County
• Fontenelle Reservoir in Lincoln County
• Glendo Reservoir in Platte County
• Goldeneye Reservoir in Natrona County
• Gray Reef Reservoir in Natrona County
• Grayrocks Reservoir in Platte County
• Guernsey Reservoir in Platte County
• Harrington Reservoir in Bighorn County
• Keyhole Reservoir in Crook County
• Kortes Reservoir in Carbon County
• Lake DeSmet in Johnson County
• Lake Hattie in Albany County
• Ocean Lake in Fremont County
• Pathfinder Reservoir in Carbon and Natrona Counties
• Pilot Butte Reservoir in Fremont County
• Seminoe Reservoir in Carbon County
• Sulphur Creek Reservoir in Uinta County
• Wardell Reservoir in Bighorn County
• Wheatland Reservoir #3 in Albany County
• Woodruff Reservoir in Uinta County
Complete regulations for waters under the Special Winter Ice Fishing Provision can be found under Fishing Regulations on the Game and Fish website wgfd.wyo.gov and on page 6 of the new 2014-2015 Wyoming Fishing Regulations.
(Contact: Al Langston (307) 777-4540)