All applications, must arrive in the Cheyenne office by 5 p.m. mountain standard time (MST) on the deadline date. If the deadline is on a weekend or state holiday,applications received by 5 p.m. MST on the next business day will be accepted.Fees must be paid in full when the application is submitted. Unsuccessful applicants will be refunded their license fees minus the application fee.
Obtaining a moose license can be very difficult or relatively easy depending on the hunt area and the sex of the animal. Cow licenses in many areas can be drawn with only a few preference points, while the drawing odds for a bull or any moose tag are much steeper.
Moose are found in many of the mountain ranges and river bottom areas throughout Wyoming, but the greatest numbers are found in the Bridger-Teton National Forest region south of Jackson.Moose are also found in the Bighorn National Forest in north central Wyoming and the Medicine Bow Forest in southeast Wyoming.
Wyoming law allocates 80 percent of moose licenses to residents, with the remaining 20 percent issued to nonresidents. Of course with the random drawing there is always a mathematical chance of drawing a license for first time applicants. Once a moose license is drawn the hunter must wait five years before applying again.